Hell yeah, it's the DeSoto

There's something coming up on sensors... you're being hailed... it's one of ours.

It's the DeSoto. Hell yes. The DeSoto is the cool ship to hang out. Put on some up-tempo, royalty free music, pull out the Romulan ale and kanar, and just kick back. "Take it easy" is the DeSoto motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Beam up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends (such as Vulcans or Benzites).

"Sup JL how's it hangin"

So look. I've been around the Alpha quadrant plenty. I've seen some things. I'm still seeing things. New things, thank God, and some of them good! Some not so great, but that hasn't stopped me before, no sir. Some of my earliest memories are of watching repeats of the original series, and a core memory is seeing Encounter At Farpoint the night it first aired when I was four. Star Trek is a huge part of my life, it's effected the way I look at the world, and it makes me want to write sometimes. So let me set up a subspace beacon and maybe someone will pick this thing up some day. 

And yes, I'm a Friend of DeSoto. Best boss I ever had. 

Comments